FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SAFECode Establishes International Board of Advisors
Diverse Group of Information Security Experts will Help Guide SAFECode’s Work to Improve Software Security
Arlington, Va. – Oct. 28, 2008 – The Software Assurance Forum for Excellence in Code (SAFECode), a non-profit organization exclusively dedicated to increasing trust in information and communications technology products and services through the advancement of effective software assurance methods, today announced that it has established an International Board of Advisors to help guide its efforts to advance software assurance. SAFECode members include EMC Corporation, Juniper Networks, Inc., Microsoft Corp., Nokia, SAP AG and Symantec Corp.
SAFECode’s International Board of Advisors is comprised of information technology experts representing government agencies, private-sector organizations and academic institutions from around the world. Its members provide third-party perspective and expertise to advise SAFECode on its efforts to advance secure development practices and promote software assurance
Members of the SAFECode International Board of Advisors include:
- William C. Barker, Chief Cyber Security Advisor, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Matt Bishop, Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of California, Davis
- Dr. Paul Dorey, Director, CSO Confidential & Chairman of the Institute of Information Security Professionals
- Claudia Eckert, Professor, Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology
- Zoltán Hornák, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, SEARCH Security Evaluation Analysis and Research Laboratory
- Alan Paller, Director of Research, SANS Institute
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Posegga, Chair of IT-Security, Institute for IT Security and Security Law (ISL), University of Passau
- Juha Röning, Professor, University of Oulu (Finland)
- Reijo Savola, Network and Information Security Research Coordinator, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Dan S. Wallach, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, Rice University (Houston, Texas)
“SAFECode has brought together this group of renowned information security experts to help guide and inform our efforts to improve the security and integrity of software,” said Paul Kurtz, executive director of SAFECode. “We share a common belief that software assurance plays a vital role in strengthening the security of our information infrastructure and we are thrilled to have the opportunity to leverage the diverse expertise and insight of this board of advisors as we work to advance secure software development.”
The Software Assurance Forum for Excellence in Code (SAFECode) is a non-profit organization exclusively dedicated to increasing trust in information and communications technology products and services through the advancement of effective software assurance methods. SAFECode is a global, industry-led effort to identify and promote best practices for developing and delivering more secure and reliable software, hardware and services. Its members include EMC Corporation, Juniper Networks, Inc., Microsoft Corp., Nokia, SAP AG and Symantec Corp. For more information, please visit www.safecodedev.wpengine.com.
Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.